SEARCH ME

Saturday, February 26, 2011

NOTD: Zoya Melodie over Rimmel 365 Beige Style + Nail Temp. 'Tattoos'!

Rimmel Rimmel 365 Beige Style Nail Polish
Drugstore purchase (Priceline!)

One Coat

 Two Coats


One coat of Zoya Melodie (swatched below... over Rimmel's Beige Style)


The brush applicator of the Zoya nail polish


Zoya Melodie swatched


The two nail polish colors swatched side by side...

Rimmel - 2 coats
Zoya - 3 coats


Review of the Rimmel Nail Polish in Beige Style

- like the colour - nice office color
- neutral goes-with-anything shade
- the application is okay - quite smooth
- the drying time was alright, the surface dried relatively quickly, but only with the first coat, it took longer for the 2nd coat to dry

Would I repurchase?
Not in this shade (how long will it take me to finish a bottle?), but I would be willing to try other Rimmel nail polishes in the future

Price?
AU$5 from Priceline (on sale!! :D)



Review of Zoya Nail Polish in Melodie
- The brush applicator is too small for my liking
- Not very opaque (kind of like Essie Nail polishes, however, the drying time is worse!)
- The formula is not my cup of tea...
- Nice shade
- Too much hassle applying because drying time sucks & it is quite translucent (in re: to Essie - not opaque but at least drying time isn't too bad! & I like the formula & application more than Zoya)

Would I repurchase?
No. I am not interested in any other Zoya nail polishes at this time either! I hate waiting for nail polish to dry! Guess I am too impatient? Maybe I got a dud bottle?


TEMPORARY TATTOO NAIL ART TUTORIAL

This was gifted to me by one of my sister-in-laws in Vietnam...



So, what you do is...


1. Take the plastic sleeve off
2. Sumerge in water for about 1-2 minutes


3. Remove it from the water and take it off and...
4. Place on finger nail!



5. Put a top coat over it! I used Seche Vite.



What do you think of nail art & nail tattoo thingies!? I think the nail tattoos look better than nail stickers because the surface is smoother! The application isn't too tricky either! :D

What have you got on your nails?


 
 
Lara xo

5 comments:

  1. Oooh Such pretty nude shades!
    I dont have very flattering hands or finger nails so I dont tend to look for polishes :(
    I wish I had beautiful hands! hahaha.
    Those nail stickers are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Aww... that's what I think of my hands tooo.... but its ok! hahah then ppl pay attention to the nail polish n not my hands n fingers!! ^^

    thanks! but I gave away the Zoya to my mother though cuz the brush is so annoying! -_-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute nail art! Following you now :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Im in Australia 2 and i mostly wear Extravagence from Opi and the Black Shatter on top from the Katy Perry collection have u tried any crackle polishes i know Barry M and China Glaze do them :) ? following to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey!
    thanks for stopping by!
    replied on ur blog & nooo i havnt tried any crackle nail polishes! tht must look awesome! :D
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think and I really do appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thanks again for stopping by!