SEARCH ME

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Do you buy backups of beauty and makeup products?




Source of Image: here


I admit, I buy backups of a lot of things... shampoo, conditioner, face products, body wash, body creams, lipsticks, lipgloss, nail polish, etc...

But I have come to realise some items I use a lot quicker than others!! I have only ever fully finished like 1 or 2 tubes of lipstick.. and lipgloss? Never! I lose them or they get that funky plastic smell before I use a whole tube!! Nail polish? Yes! Shampoo? Tons! Conditioners! Same! Etc...

I think I need to stop buying backups of things I do not use up too quickly..


Temptalia has this post up and I found the following remarks interesting, when asked the following question (please note that all text written in italics were quoted and I have referenced them in the Temptalia link, all opinions experessed are of their rightful owners and no infringment is meant. Thank you.)


What products do you have backups of?

* Miss Silver

just about everything. I have obsessive compulsive tendencies… or was it obsessive compulsive disorder? But I have to have two of just about most of everything that I have. It’s a terrible affliction. And since make up is so pretty, and I hate it when they discontinue a product, I just buy two of just about anything I buy. It sounds silly, I know, but that’s just my tick. :P I must sound pretty crazy.


Diabla
I’m just like you Miss Silver… it warms up my heart to see I’m not the only one to do that :)


*Melanie
I don’t own any back-ups since I lose interest in products quite fast and so it would be a waste of money in the end :) Plus I can own more different producst, because I’m not spending my money on back-ups :) The only thing I’d consider buying back-ups of would be MSFs, but they last forever anyway….:)



*Heather
I don’t own any backups. ^_^ I always think that there is something better right around the corner, so what’s the point?


AmyVA
That is my philosophy as well. I really can’t afford to get uber-obsessed with a product…it could break both my heart and my wallet.

Dianna
Me neither and I reason the same way!



*MSLUSIOUS

 I don’t own any backups of anything I don’t ever end up finishing my makeup so I don’t see the point..the marine life I barely even touch it it was only the hype..I own jazzed I haven’t even used it..there’s no point.


*Nic
I don’t think I have backups of anything. It usually takes me so long to finish a product that I’m content just to have one.

*Mar

The only things I back up on are the things I use daily, like my mascara’s. I have backups of Maybelline’s Volum’Express, I have backups of eyeliner pencils and I have backups of my trusty Maybelline concealer. (it’s discontinued now)
I just like buying and trying new stuff, especially eyeshadows, lipsticks and glosses so I don’t backup them. When I’m out, I just have another good reason to go shopping again!


*Vania

 Haha you might think i’m crazy! I have an anxiety if i don’t buy two things of each.


*Hilana

Too many to count actually.
Whenever I buy a product and I like it, I would go back and two or 3 immediately and stock them in my special drawer. I pre-order certain lipsticks two, three at a time just to make sure I don’t run out!

Usually lipsticks, eye shadows and blushers. Never mascara or foundation.

*Andrea

I don’t have any backups. By the time I finish a product, something new will be out!!!


*Annika

 NOTHING. I don’t believe in back-ups.




What about you? Do you buy backups? What of?


Lara xo

4 comments:

  1. thank you so much for following! I follow back. great stuff you have here hun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy a lot of back ups too. Its bad for me because I never end up using them :/
    Love your new blog layout btw hun :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have to admit, i'm always in awe of those people who have cabinets full of extras...from toothbrushes, to soaps and shampoos! it's like a mini store! but other than when my shopping overlaps...storing new stuff while i'm finishing up the old, i rarely buy backups, especially for make up.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roflmao at the person who buys two of everything ! I don't buy backups either with the exception of foundation and eyeliner. I do very much admire Annika who said she doesn't believe in backups. Though I do often finish off body & skin care products, my make up products never usually run out. It does seem somewhat pointless if you take into consideration that make up too has an expiration date ! Better just go out and buy it again if you really like it. I can see the validity for limited edition products though !

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think and I really do appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thanks again for stopping by!