SEARCH ME

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

DEBATE: How Long Does Make Up Last? Does it expire?

Does makeup expire? Yes!

Like most other things, for example food, drinks, nail polish, shampoo...

it DOES expire... contrary to a few people's opinons...

I don't know about you guys but here are my guidelines... what I usually go by!
I know many people keep theirs for less or more though!

When to throw out?
Signs you need to throw your makeup out:
- when there is a 'bad' smell
- when the makeup is all crumbled or when you touch it, it crumbles
- when it has hardened (and it was not like that before!)
- when you use it and you get itchy skin!

I roughly keep makeup for about this long for my items:

Liquid foundations: < 1 yr
Powder foundations/blushes/bronzers: < 2 yrs
Powder eyeshadows: < 2 yrs
Liquid/Mousse eyeshadows/blushes/bronzers: <1 yr
Lipsticks: < 2 yrs
Lipglosses: < 1 yr
Pencil Eyeliners: < 3 yrs
Liquid Eyeliners: < 1 yr
Eyeshadow primers/bases: < 1.5 yrs

Do you agree? Disagree? Comment below!

- Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think and I really do appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thanks again for stopping by!